We have permission form the "quotees" below to allow you to use these quotes in press relating to Garden Walk Buffalo.
"Most people wouldn't think of Buffalo as an epicenter of American horticulture, but it looks like gardening may be their official pastime."
- Stacey Hirvella, Senior Associate Garden Editor, Martha Stewart Living
"Gardening, like happiness and obesity, is contagious, and urban pioneers on the West Side have inspired neighbors to garden and so attracted new urban pioneers. Call it clear, grow and build. The movement has been driven in large part by the mind-blowing Buffalo Garden Walk, America's best event of its kind, held the last weekend in July."
- by Andrew Sprung, TheAtlantic.com
“...congratulations on what I think has to be considered as one of the most outstanding horticultural weekends in all of North America!”
- Terry Ettinger, gardening writer, radio & TV host, Syracuse, NY
"...the Buffalo discovered when I finally made my first trip there this summer was a pretty and vibrant place. The annual Garden Walk filled the city’s more gentrified residential neighborhoods with throngs of strollers determined to drop in on as many luxuriant backyards as possible."
- Kerry Jacobs, Metropolis
- Amy Stewart, Fine Gardening magazine
“Urban renewal is coming to this old industrial center on Lake Erie, and with it a rejuvenated green scene, inspired in part by Garden Walk Buffalo, the largest event of its kind in the nation.”
- Organic Gardening magazine
“I was knocked out by the flowers and all the people on the streets and the general atmosphere... the architecture is something to behold.”
- Aldona Satterthwaite, past editor-in-chief, Canadian Gardening magazine, Toronto, Ontario, from an interview by Andy Parker, WGRZ
“Buffalo’s got the greatest concentration of beautiful residential gardens I’ve ever seen!”
- Jim Childs, editor, Garden Gate magazine, Des Moines, IA
“It’s more than a tour, it’s a must-see event.”
- The San Francisco Chronicle
“It's free, inclusive, and noncompetitive. No judging. None of the elitism that's been associated with the gardening world for too long.”
- Susan Harris, GardenRant.com, Garden Coach, Garden Writer, Takoma Park, Maryland (just outside Washington, D.C.)
“It’s unbelievable. Do you know what you have here?”
- Ann Casady, Creative Director, People Places Plants, New Gloucester, ME