Capture the glory of Garden Walk Buffalo — forever.
The Garden Walk Committee and publisher Buffalo Heritage Unlimited present the Garden Walk Buffalo Book and DVD set. Your memories of Garden Walk will be with you all year long in this book and DVD celebrating Garden Walk Buffalo. Friends and relatives who have never been able to participate in the Walk can read about it, enjoy spectacular photography, and experience it for themselves as they explore video excerpts of some of the best gardens on the walk.
"I have gone on several garden walks ...but seeing gardens featured with photographs and commentary is an experience not to be missed...If you have never gone on a garden walk, this beautiful volume will both inspire you and make you plan to go in the future."
Carol Ann Harlos, Forever Young
"Some things I love about GardenWalk Buffalo, the book and DVD: It's gorgeous, classy, and very personal, with looks at real gardens - the best of the 260 - and interviews with real gardeners. The book includes encouragement and step-by-step help with starting GardenWalks in other cities."
Susan Harris, Garden Rant Weblog, Read the full review at Garden Rant
"...the book is stunning... not just for Buffalo, but for the world."
queenseyes, BuffaloRising.com, Read the full review at BuffaloRising.com
"The book includes gardens of all types -- quiet backyard oases; explosions of front-yard color and texture; formal espaliers; perennial madness and Asian simplicity. It's all here, plus an explanation of how to organize a gardenwalk in your own community. And royalities on the book go to community gardens in the Buffalo area -- and what could be better than that?"
The Garden Walk Committee and publisher Buffalo Heritage Unlimited present the
. This large-format, high-quality, soft-cover volume offers 120 pages of words and pictures that capture the best of Garden Walk Buffalo. Selected gardeners discuss their gardens and why they feel it is so important to share them with visitors every year. More than 225 beautiful photographs capture highlights of all 260+ gardens on the Walk, while sidebars on the architecture and history of these exceptional neighborhoods explain their unique ambiance. New and fascinating aspects of Garden Walk are illuminated, including the behind-the-scenes story of how the gardeners prepare their properties for the weekend onslaught of thousands of visitors.
The book includes interviews with 27 gardeners, as well as photos of more than 80 additional gardens - more than 225 photos altogether.
There is a photo section for the gardens of Frederick Law Olmsted's Delaware Park, a spread on community gardens, a list of selected plants grown in Western New York (Zone 5), a history of Garden Walk Buffalo and its impact on local urban gardens and how it helps rejuvenate city streets, and even a brief bit on how to start your own garden walk.
But there’s only so much a book can do to depict an experience as interactive as Garden Walk. With the addition of the DVD, still pictures start to move and the viewer moves with them. Follow the cameras of our videographers as they walk through gardens and talk to the master gardeners who have created these exceptional spaces. All that’s missing is the scent of the flowers. By simply selecting a dot the Garden Walk map, access more than 20 individual interviews with gardeners, who drop great hints on all aspects of gardening -- from individual plants to overall garden design.
To order your book and/or DVD visit our online store.
Or look here:
- Adam's Nurseries
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery Gift Shop
- Barnes & Noble, Niagara Falls Blvd, Transit Road, McKinley Mall and Buffalo State College
- Book Corner (Niagara Falls)
- Book Nook Dunkirk Fredonia Plz, Dunkirk, NY (716) 366-0685
- Book Shoppe, 519 Main St, Medina, NY (585) 798-3642
- Bookworm (East Aurora)
- Borders (Walden Ave)
- Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society Museum Shop
- Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy Online Store
- Chautauqua Institution Bookstore
- Definitely Buffalo, Main Place Mall, downtowwn Buffalo, (716) 856-7399
- Elmwood Village Association
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Darwin D. Martin House House Complex Wisteria Shop
- Jenss Decor
- The Legacy Bookshop & Gallery, 654 Main Street, East Aurora, (716) 652-6797
- Lockwood's Greenhouse
- Martin Kemp Designs, 68 Allen Street, (716) 884-7700
- Menne Nursery
- Mother Nature Florist, 712 Elmwood Avenue, (716) 881-1575
- Pitt Petri
- Positively Main Street
- Premier Gourmet on Delaware near Sheridan
- Quaker Bonnet Eatery
- Roswell Park Gift Shop
- The Roycroft Copper Shop, East Aurora
- Second Reader Bookshop, 1419 Hertel Avenue, (716) 862-0001
- Spoiled Rotten, 831 Elmwood Avenue, (716) 884-3883
- Talking Leaves, Elmwood Avenue and Main Street
- Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site Gift Shop
- Trinity (Episcopal Church) bookstore
- Urban Roots Community Garden Center
428 Rhode Island Street, Buffalo 362.8982
- Waldenbooks, McKinley Mall, and Boulevard Mall
- Wegmans (all ten Buffalo Niagara stores)